The Little Things

January 30, 2013

Lately my heart has been filled with lots of joy.
 
No, I haven't won the lottery.
Or won a lifetime membership to Dewars Ice Cream.
 
My joy is simply on the little things. The everyday things that many times go unnoticed because they are simple. However, one morning last week I found myself sitting across from a cute little guy, Ethan. He finished his breakfast then devoured his yogurt. Every bite seeming better than the last. With a spoon full of yogurt he would place it in his mouth then close his eyes and say "Mmmmm."
 
He was happy. He was enjoying the little things. In this case, yogurt.  
 
I couldn't help but smile. Then decided I had to capture the pure essence of him enjoying his favorite yogurt (again). It's easy for me to worry about the next thing that needs to get done, or what is left to do, or what I should be doing while he is confined to his high chair... but not this particular morning. All I wanted to do is just simply admire my son enjoying his favorite treat.
 
Something so simple yet for him the best thing in the world. Simply joy.  
 




 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...