Do you remember, as a child, doing something that just made you incredibly happy? Whether it was placing all the sofa cushions to make a fort or tying lawn flowers together to make necklaces? Being Ethan's mom has given me an opportunity to be a kid again. As much as I'm suppose to teach Ethan he is also teaching me. Let me explain.
Through Ethan's eyes I'm rediscovery the world. With every discovery, he teaches me to be aware of the simplicity of ordinary objects and/or events. Many of which I overlook because I've simply been there, done that- sort of speak. But not Ethan.
One afternoon Ethan and papa stepped outside to feed our dog, Bear. After letting the dog loose the sprinklers turned on. Now one would think Ethan would stay next to his papa but instead, in true toddler form, he walked towards the sprinklers. He ran from one to the other laughing so hard in pure amazement. Both Mark & I tried calling for him but he simply ignored us. Then we couldn't help but laugh with him. Not once did Ethan cry, felt scared, or cold for that matter. He was in the moment. I wouldn't have wanted for Ethan to have missed this. The simple joy, and discovery, of playing in the sprinklers.
Once the sprinklers stopped he walked towards us to clean him up. Needless to say, he was soaked. A nice warm bath was in order.



No comments :
Post a Comment