Storytime

October 25, 2012

There are 3 things I like to spoil Ethan with. First, would be lots of love. Second, lots of besitos. Third, lots of books.

As a child, I loved reading books. One of my fondest memories of elementary was going to the library for reading time. The librarian would read these beautiful books. Now, as an adult, I love to browse a book store for hours and hours scouring books. However, I must admit that majority of Ethan's books come from Goodwill. I have found some great books for only 60 cents a piece. I can't beat that! Besides Ethan doesn't care how much is spent on books.

Funny enough while he has bins full of toys one of his favorite spots in his room is his library. He will run into his room, grab a book of the shelf, toss the book on the couch, then hike his little leg to climb the couch, and positions himself comfortably to read the book.

As a mother, it gives me great joy to share my love for books with Ethan. When I read him a story I try to ham it up with voices, sounds, and movement to help bring the story to life. He usually giggles.

Watching him eager to skim through his books makes me very happy. I can only hope his love for reading will not waver as he grows.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...