Happy Halloween!

October 31, 2012


Happy Halloween everyone! This year Mark & I attended a costume party for a charity function. It was nice to mingle with friends, view the silent auction, and dance the night away. 

I may be pregnant but I can definitely bust a move ;) 
The next day I was sore. Way too much dancing for this preggers. Nonetheless we had a good time.


We dressed up as Pocahontas & John Smith. We ended up renting Mark's costume but I decided to make my own this year. Wasn't completely thrilled with the Pocahontas costume they had at the costume shop. The material cost me less than $10. Used a dress for a template and modified the neckline to get the "look" I wanted. Actually enjoyed brushing up on my sewing skills to get this costume done. 

This year we carved pumpkins. We actually purchased them at the beginning of the month but just now got around to it. (I'll post the pictures of the pumpkin patch extravaganza soon). Mark got really into it. Sketching faces on a dry board while Ethan used markers to scribble on the pumpkins. Genius! However, when it came around to cleaning the inside of the pumpkin Ethan wasn't such a big fan. 


Last, but not least, Ethan dressed up as Jake from Disney's Jake and the Neverland Pirates. (Tried to post one where he's looking at me and smiling but these days it's difficult to get him to cooperate to take a picture, but boy am I working on it!) I also decided to make his costume this year considering how incredibly expensive costumes are and not to mention the poor quality of material. All together the costume was about $5. Not too shabby. Used felt for the entire outfit. Free-handed the entire costume. The best part of it all it really did not take long to get this done which this mama can appreciate. 

Besos!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...