Quilts

December 21, 2014

A thought crossed my mind the other day as I was folding quilts (again) and it was something like this, "Does Grandma Audrey know how much her grandchildren love her quilts?" Here's why: (a) she's made a lot of quilts, (b) I'm sure she carefully chose every fabric and pattern for these quilts, and (c) I'm pretty sure she thought of her grand-kids every time she sewed a stitch. 
 
These quilts are on a heavy rotation in this house. I mean they are multifunctional quilts. I would even say down right magical because they keep my kids busy. That my friends is magical. Well, if you were to see how much my kids play with these quilts then you'd be convinced they are pretty fantastic. My kids find unconventional ways to use these quilts. Sure, they're great for snuggling but did you know it can convert into a tunnel? Or how about train rides, forts, baby beds, caves, race car mountains, or even a disguise? As Ethan would say, "It's fantastic!" Little did Grandma Audrey know she was making magical quilts for her grandchildren. 

So, Grandma Audrey, if you're reading this you should know that these quilts are being used. They sometimes get washed (on the count if I can pry them away from the kids for 30 minutes). They are loved. And... at the rate these kiddos are growing we may need some larger quilts :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...