Oh, Christmas Tree

December 17, 2014

Dear Eber Kids,

One of the best days of December was spent shopping for the perfect Christmas tree. You're both starting to understand some of the Christmas traditions which has sparked joy in your hearts. Ethan had been very excited to get a tree. For one week straight he kept asking me to get a tree at Home Depot. So, naturally on a Sunday, we all piled into Papa's truck then headed over to the Christmas tree lot. Once we arrived a wise salesmen thought it would be a great idea to give you both candy canes... because THAT won't create a sticky mess.

(Sarcasm kids, pure sarcasm)

We started to look around. To our surprise Santa was there! When we met the jolly 'ol man you both couldn't look more uninterested. Seriously. You could have at least said "Hi" or smile, but no. Neither one of you would go near the man. Even with a candy cane in his hand you stayed a safe distance away. Then it dawned on me, perhaps this entire time of  instilling "stranger danger" was finally sinking in your heads and for whatever reason you both decided to apply it right at this convenient moment.

Then an awkward moment was share with Santa. As we walked away I leaned in to share with him that perhaps they were a bit skeptical. I then continued to share with Santa how Charlie (our elf) visits Santa to report on how well they've been. To my surprise this Santa said, "Shame on you, Mom."

(Yes, can't say Santa has ever scolded me before. So, thank you kiddos. I've now managed to get on Santa's naughty list.) 

 
Once we chose THE tree we went headed to the truck. Let me just say I've never been so happy to have my camera on me. You were both holding hands. Capturing this moment is just a still frame that will forever be etched in my heart.

 
Afterwards we headed to lunch at In-and-Out burger. We all enjoyed our foods with little fuss. You kids shared a chocolate shake with papa and at one point Ethan said, "Mama, I'm habing a good fhay." Your papa and I couldn't have been happier. 

Once we arrived home, Kylie went down for a nap and Ethan helped me decorate the tree. Your papa was outside picking up. Since the first Christmas your papa and I have share he's never been inclined to help decorate the tree. The first year he helped me carry the tree to my apartment then left shortly after excusing himself to do laundry. True story kids. So, as you can imagine I was elated when Ethan was excited to lend a hand.




I must say I love how Ethan clustered all the red ornaments to the one side of the tree. Sharing laughs together while Christmas songs played on Pandora.  I enjoyed his help and his enthusiasm to decorate the tree. Just the first year of many.

I'm looking forward to creating (and documenting) many more Christmases together.

XOXO,
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...