Packing for this trip was overwhelming. I pictured fashionistas walking the streets. I didn't want to look touristy or from California. I did my best to scale my suitcase down to one, but it was not easy my friends. Not easy at all. When the day finally came to fly to NY I was besides myself. I had ALWAYS wanted to visit this city. My heart was sad because I was leaving my boys. The girl inside of me though couldn't hop on that plane fast enough. The moment when the flight attendant informed us we were minutes away from landing I looked out the window and saw the beautiful city. I wanted to cry. I wanted to pinch myself. If felt like a dream. I was actually in NY.
I had expected my brother to pick me up at the airport but things are done quite differently in NY. Exiting the airport I found a line of people waiting for cabs. Apparently this is the way to mobilize yourself out of the airport. So, I stood in line just like everyone else to trust a stranger to take me to my brothers place. As I gave the address I became quite nervous. I had no idea if we were headed to the right direction, or if he knew where we were going. Once I saw my brother though my nerves calmed down. That night we took off to eat at a piano bar nearby. I must say it was the most delicious hamburger I've ever tasted. With a live pianist playing in the background my brother couldn't have picked a better place.
I could easily write a play-by-play on my week in NY but if I do it will be the longest blog post I've ever written. The places, the shopping, the architecture, the food, and the people of this city were just breath taking. I loved every minute. I would go there again in a heartbeat.
Last, but not least, I was able to mark off several things off my wish list. My visit to NY was one but another one was buying a special purse. I called it my 'Pretty Woman' moment. My brother kept encouraging me to step in and take a look at the purses but I gave him excuses why not to. Mark also kept encouraging via text message to go in. After much deliberation I worked up the courage to go into a fancy store filled with these classic bags I love. I was there to only look. Then, as if the sales woman knew, she asked if this was my first purse of this particular brand. When I responded yes she kindly recommended me a purse that would suit my everyday needs. A woman next to me buying a larger bag asked for my opinion on her purse then turned around and complemented the bag the sales woman had recommended. With the love and encouragement of my brother and husband I made the bold decision to buy the purse. You could not wipe the huge smile off my face. I wanted to dance, shout, and even do a cartwheel! Once it was purchased I informed Mark. His response was kind and simply happy for me to actually have done this. I will never forget the feeling of walking in this store. The moment I decided to purchase the purse and the feeling of knowing I was now a proud owner of a classic purse. I held to that bag so tightly walking out of the store.
As you can see I can go on and on about this trip. Way too many good memories to share. I am forever thankful for my husband who made this trip possible (plus the bag) for me. My brother for the perfect hostess and my travel buddy. I don't take for granted these wonderful men in my life.
Here are some pictures taken via instagram.

No comments :
Post a Comment