On this day...

April 24, 2012

Many may not know this but I was actually raised Mormon. While I'm no longer Mormon, I did however embraced two things while attending church which were the emphasis of nurturing a marriage and creating a family.

During my adolescent years, and attending a Young Women's Camp for the Church, I remember jotting down qualities I would like my future husband to have- honest, caring, loving, respectful, and strong. Surrounded by trees and meadows I silently said a prayer, "Dear heavenly father, help and guide me to find this man. Teach me the qualities I must have to be a woman that I can support such a man. I don't want to marry for the sake of marriage. All I ask from you is to guide me (and him) to find each other. I want nothing more than a happy life when it's my time to be a wife and mother. Amen." Throughout the years I would repeat this prayer silently. Truth be told I lost faith. Never thinking that one day this prayer would actually be answered. It did.

Two-years ago today I married my husband, Mark. He's the answer of my prayers and more. (It's difficult to write down words without the urge to emotionally cry some happy tears). I am humbled and thankful to have found my happiness in my life. My partner. My best friend. My everything. It was all worth the wait. We are now living our happily eber after which is being together and creating a happy family as one.

...ever since you came into my life, your love has made all the difference, and when we first became a family, it was your patience and understanding that brought us all together. On our anniversary, I want you to know how lucky I feel to share my life and love with you. Happy Anniversary, darling.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...