My Dear Ethan,
As the unofficial documentarian for this family I couldn't help but capture your furry friend, Leo the Lion. You love this little lion. On this particular day you strapped him into your chair then proceeded to stabilize the table. Shortly after you came looking for me to give him a snack. Thinking you're pulling a fast one on your mama I can see you sneaking a couple of bites of Leo's snacks, but I don't mind. I just smile. I know, in my heart, you will remain this sweet boy who is shy of 2 years old. Trust me, I still view my baby brother Frank as the 2 year old using his tippy toes to reach over the counter. I'm in disbelief he's now 21.
Leo the lion will be part of your childhood memory. I can't help but think how much this little lion brings you so much comfort.
It reminds me a lot of the Cabbage Patch doll your Grandpa and Grammies Rivera bought me when I was not that much older from you. (I'll need to show you what a Cabbage Patch doll is). They tell me I ran to the display setup at Sears and grabbed this doll. I wouldn't let it go. My parents reluctantly purchased it for me because quite frankly it was expensive. To this day I have this doll in his original clothes. The way you carry Leo reminds me a lot of my own little doll. He brought me comfort. Though now I must say I don't have the doll on my bed like you do, but instead I have you I get to hold, hug, kiss, and carry on my hip. You're my Leo the Lion.
I will do my best to capture these moments for you. I would love nothing more than to go through these snapshots of your childhood when you're older and share the lovely memories you created for both your papa and me. Life is truly more colorful, beautiful, and complete with you in our lives.
No comments :
Post a Comment