What started as a typical Saturday morning ended up being an unforgettable day for this Mum. Without my boys even knowing it my heart was battling whether or not to put away the "grass." The ever so chic way (at least in my mind) to dry out the bottles I used for months nursing our little bambino. As Mark made his Saturday morning breakfast I couldn't help but think how fast our little one has grown. Will I use this "grass" again? Will it be soon? To think that one stage of our little bambino's life is finished boggles my mind. Just yesterday we brought him from the hospital. Just yesterday I learned how to swaddle him in a cozy burrito. Just yesterday I rocked him to sleep. Just yesterday...
I must admit that there have been times where I've thought to myself, " I can't wait until he's independent." Now, I'd give anything for yesterday. So, while it's a typical Saturday in our home, for this Mum it's a day where she had to put away the last of the what is left reminding her that their little bambino is no longer a baby. Never thought in my wildest dreams a small patch of grass would have so much significance.

"Just yesterday" made me emotional! I can only imagine how much joy it brings you to see your littel "Bambino" grow but at the same time, it must be so tough to say good bye to yesterday.
ReplyDelete