I will never forget the day when Mark convinced me it was time to move Ethan to his crib. As if Ethan barely fitting in the bassinet wasn’t a clear indication. With tears in my eyes I pleaded with Mark to move the crib to our room. Expressed my concerned that our son could roll over to his tummy and struggle to breathe. Needless to say, my husband knew what was best for Ethan and I.
Despite the tears, the pleading and the begging he didn’t budge. He simply said, “Phyllis, this is what he needs. He will be okay. We have a video monitor.” I couldn’t sleep all too well that night fearing that he would roll from his back to his tummy. Since then Ethan has managed to roll over, sleep with his tushy in the air, have his whole body curled up in a corner of the crib, and my favorite… curled up in his quilt. A quilt made with lots of love by his Grandma Eberhard. He sleeps with his quilt every night. I’m thinking he may need another quilt – hint, hint.
Can you spot Ethan in this picture?


No comments :
Post a Comment