It's hard to believe that 11 months ago we were preparing for our baby's arrival. We had no idea the gender of our baby which only made it that much more exciting for us. We had just moved into our home so trying to get things situated was tough, especially since I was waddling. I can laugh about this now, but I was certain I'd be wearing heels and stylish outfits. I so did not want to believe Dr. U when she shared with me that dresses and flip flops were going to be my comfort wear the last month of my pregnancy. I reluctantly gave in. When you're waddling and carrying a large baby it's just not cute to see a pregnant woman trying ever so carefully not to tip over. Ha! Could you imagine?
It didn't sink in that I was going to be a mum until I started to unpack the baby's things. For once in my life I was focused on gaining weight for our baby. Read lots of articles on how to be a mum, but truth be told I just had to follow my instinct. Luckily for me I had my hubby, my sis, my friend Lea all reaffirming this for me.
This last year Mark & I have grown into our roles- Dad and Mum. The next milestone in our lives is to celebrate Ethan's first birthday. Can't wait to share all the details with you soon!

No comments :
Post a Comment